(Updated May, 20th 2013) Every month I will be reviewing the top Instagram hashtags for tags that have the most pictures and followers. These tags will always be applicable to every photo, no matter how it was taken, what it is of, or what filter you used, these tags are just for the best photos and have the most followers. So always remember to add more tags that are relevant to the photo. For example: #love #dog #flower #philadelphia are more descriptive of a photo. Bookmark this page on your phone’s home screen for easy reference.
The Top 15 Most Popular Instagram Hashtags:
#like #instagood #photooftheday #follow #instalike #instamood #igers #all_shots #picoftheday #instadaily #bestoftheday #igdaily #followme #webstagram #tweegram
Also with over 15k photos, I love to monitor the #aptsonic which are photos fellow readers of this article have posted and tagged.
iPhone/Android users Copy and Paste the above hashtags into your notepad app and save them for easy access, but don’t forget to check back next month for the updated list. I promise to keep this list of instagram hashtags updated with the most popular hashtags.
Instructions on how to use hashtags in Instagram:
- Take or import your photo with Instagram
- Manipulate the photo as you want, click done.
- On the next screen in the caption area type in a relevant description, this is also where you want to place your tags*
- You can either type or copy and paste your hashtags into the caption field.
- Then Select the sites which you want to share the photo with and press done.
*Since I use Facebook a great deal I prefer to type out an interesting caption out and then to post my hashtags afterwards.
To add Instagram hashtags after the fact follow these simple steps:
- Follow the steps above but in step 3 instead of inserting hashtags into the caption area, just type out what ever is relevant and select the sites which you want to share the photo with, then press done.
- After you press done Instagram will process and upload your photo.
- Press the comment button below your latest photo
- Either type out or copy and paste your tags into the comment field and press done.
- That’s it!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @JasonAHowie